Spork Boards

What sells computers most?

ghidorah's Avatar Picture ghidorah – December 09, 2007 04:50PM Reply Quote
thats right--games.

Mokers – January 01, 2008 06:47AM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
Curtis
In Super Mario Galaxy, every time I hit a hard level - I think to myself... "Damnit, this is a game made for 10 year olds... why are parts of it kicking my ass?"

Also, unrelated - One of my friends got WarioWare Smooth Moves as part of his buying a Wii bundle off Craigslist. I could see that being a heckuva party game. The one girl in attendance thought it was adorable as well...

WarioWare is a fun party game, but some of the minigames are so wacky, you'll really think you are fucking crazy after a while.

The best party game is still probably Wii bowling, although only 4 people can play at a time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2008 06:48AM by Mokers.

ddt – January 01, 2008 06:49AM Reply Quote
and watch out for wildly swinging arms in a small space -- though it's not as big a problem as with wii tennis.

ddt who got clocked hard by a wiimote

El Jeffe – January 01, 2008 06:53AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
at our family get together last night, I thought more than a few people would get decked. Within inches but no contact. Pretty lucky. They had the gel covers on their remotes, since they have a new Wii, whereas ours was one of the first and has no covers. I like the gel, but that feel of material screams "GERMS!!!" to me. But, oh well, so does everything else, I suppose.

What a journey.

Madaracs – January 04, 2008 06:39AM Reply Quote
Ooh! Scary! Scary! Don't we look mean? You can't see me! But I can see you!
(((FYI))) Burnout Paradise demo in network play mode seems to lock up frequently. Forcing me to reboot the PS3.

Madaracs – January 06, 2008 04:51PM Reply Quote
I had to format the PS3. It took 6 hours. No more lockups yet and I've been running the machine 24 Hrs a day.

--

P.S. I would really like some spork friends to join up on the PS3 network with. I'm Madaracs. Invite me to be your friend with a note that you're from Spork of put your handle on Spork here--and I'll invite you!

--

On the PS3 I tested:
Williams Arcade's Greatest Hits (PS1)
Battle Arena Toshinden 2 (PS1)
Destroy All Humans 2 (PS2)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1)
Katamari Demacy (PS2)

My wife beat me at Toshinden. Argh.

All worked well. The only game on Williams Arcade that didn't display as good as I would hope is Sinistar. I've several versions of that tho and still have my PS2 so I'm not really worried about it. I was actually quite impressed with the emulation on the 80GB. I think the nay-sayers may not have tested the emulation thoroughly enough. I use screen smoothing on the PS1 games because they're graphics are so jagged on the 50" DLP.

--

New receiver coming this week so I can take advantage of full HDMI capabilities with Blu-Ray and the uncompressed audio tracks.

Cloudscout – January 22, 2008 10:00PM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
I played Burnout Paradise tonight. I have completed 21% of the game so far. They should have just called it Need for Speed Paradise, though. It doesn't really have the soul of Burnout.

Madaracs – January 23, 2008 05:47AM Reply Quote
So here's what I love about Burnout Paradise:

They took many of the cool elements of Burnout Revenge (camera angles, car wrecking, jumps) and added them to a free roaming map. I agree the party game feature of the split-screen in Revenge was nice but I quite liked racing against you in the big open city. I also enjoy the new marked-man feature that makes you the target as you traverse an area of the map.

I think it's often the natural progression of a game to have it become something different along the way. This is not always a welcome change mind you. For instance, a lot of people were angry when NFS: Most Wanted came out because many of the aspects of the NFS: Underground series were lost when they made it an open-map game with a concrete story. The same thing has happened here with Burnout--they're execution is just a little better in some ways.

So as a new game goes I have to give Burnout Paradise high marks. The next thing I want to do is pair a blue tooth headset with it so I can chat with my buddies in game and hook up the Sony Eye camera so I can make funny faces when I get taken out--Ok, I do that anyway, but with the camera on, you'll be able to see them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2008 05:47AM by Madaracs.

Madaracs – January 23, 2008 06:28AM Reply Quote
Priceless:
Kokotos_Hero

Jan 11, 2008 9:52 pm PT
It's better to pre-order this game in Best Buy, you get two cars. There is a liscense included in the box of the pre-order thing, and you also get a bonus car, the Best Buy car. The code is located on the back of the box.---PSN: orido_taniguchiClick here to see how to fool an idiot!

It's better to pre-order this game in Best Buy, you get two cars. There is a liscense included in the box of the pre-order thing, and you also get a bonus car, the Best Buy car. The code is located on the back of the box.---PSN: orido_taniguchi Click here to see how to fool an idiot!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daika110

Jan 12, 2008 6:27 am PT
The click part of your sig doesn't work btw.
---
"Damn, what we were afraid of most happened..."

Cloudscout – January 23, 2008 11:18AM Reply Quote
Flawless review of Burnout Paradise. I highlight a key paragraph:

Unfortunately, there are a couple other serious flaws in Burnout Paradise. First off, there's no kind of split-screen multiplayer mode -- it only supports online multiplayer play. While this might not seem like that big of a deal for some people, the Burnout series has always been a fantastic party game. The game's accessible gameplay, easy controls, and visceral action made it easy for people to jump in and play and made the game fun to watch. Removing the splitscreen support is an absolutely critical failure for many Burnout fans, and is frankly a shocking feature to leave out.

Madaracs – January 23, 2008 11:35AM Reply Quote
If this works, I'm going to pay for it.

tliet – January 23, 2008 12:16PM Reply Quote
Huh?

From the nullriver.com site
MediaLink supports all the formats that the PlayStation 3 supports, excluding DRM protected content, including: MP3, AAC*, WMA, WAV, MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG4, H.264, AVI, WMV & ASF, DIVX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, BMP and more.

iTunes Music Store purchased content is DRM-protected and is not supported. Apple Lossless or iTunes Plus music is currently not supported by the PlayStation 3.

Why isn't iTunes Plus music supported, I thought it was unrestricted AAC music?

Cloudscout – January 23, 2008 12:39PM Reply Quote
Maybe bitrate limitations?

Mighty Mouse – January 23, 2008 12:40PM Reply Quote
Remember, kids!

There's a difference between "working" and "not supported"!

Don't confuse the two!!

That concludes our lesson for today.

Madaracs – January 28, 2008 06:10AM Reply Quote
Class B license. Woo! Only 26 more races/events now...

Cloudscout – January 28, 2008 07:02AM Reply Quote
I have a Class A right now. I've got about 30 races to go before I get my Burnout License.

Madaracs – January 28, 2008 09:02AM Reply Quote
I've not invested the time you have in the game. ;-) I played for a good portion of the morning yesterday to get where I am.

Cloudscout – January 28, 2008 10:13AM Reply Quote
According to the game, I've played about 13 hours but that includes 3 hours that I had it sitting idle while I went upstairs to do other things. I was hoping to get the Burnout License this weekend but I haven't had time to even turn it on since Thursday night.

Madaracs – January 28, 2008 10:23AM Reply Quote
I tried to pair my H500 Motorola Headset with it but it wouldn't find it. Do I have to UNpair it from my phone first? I noticed that my phone tried to connect to it when I turned it on--even though I was about 30 feet away.

Madaracs – January 29, 2008 05:27AM Reply Quote
12 Races to Class A.

Madaracs – January 29, 2008 05:27AM Reply Quote
That's my new band's name.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login