Spork Boards

What sells computers most?

ghidorah's Avatar Picture ghidorah – December 09, 2007 04:50PM Reply Quote
thats right--games.

John Willoughby – November 03, 2017 03:09PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
Official Classic servers coming for World of Warcraft. I don't think that anybody else on these boards cares anymore, but I do!

ARL (Moderator) – November 03, 2017 03:26PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
What does classic server mean? (I assume not OS 9?)

John Willoughby – November 03, 2017 04:11PM Reply Quote
In the vanilla WoW (private server) community classic generally meant WoW the way it was just before the first expansion. So, original WoW, presumably on more modern software. No Burning Crusade, or anything after. No flying, no mounts before level 40, the old spells and talent trees. No Horde paladins, no Alliance shamans. No Blood Elves, no Draeni or later races. Blizzard hasn't said this, but possibly progression servers, meaning that eventually the Burning Crusade would happen, and the other expansions in due time.

James DeBenedetti – November 06, 2017 08:48AM Reply Quote

dharlow – November 06, 2017 10:45AM Reply Quote
Only if they get rid of that horrid keyboard.

ARL (Moderator) – November 06, 2017 03:17PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Apple will get a special cut-rate version because, ...thinner.

bahamut – December 24, 2017 05:45PM Reply Quote
So my son was thrilled with the Dell Inspiron 15 7000 . Thanks Mokers and JW (and everyone else) for the advice.

He didn't crap himself, but almost.

Anyways, so is there any sense to getting him a Warcraft account now? Is there still a decent experience leveling up? Kind of annoyed by the get a 100 Level booster pack with Legion, etc.

John Willoughby – December 25, 2017 11:45AM Reply Quote
Leveling up to 90 or so is pretty fast, kinda grindy after that. Current max level is 110. You could let him decide for himself... he can play for free up to level 20.

ARL (Moderator) – December 25, 2017 09:20PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!

ddt, I don't know if this question was already answered, but yes, for Mac.

Mokers (Moderator) – December 26, 2017 07:23AM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
Glad to hear baha! It was a pretty good deal. In a few years when it doesn't play the latest games anymore, you can give him the option of building his own gaming PC.

John Willoughby – February 18, 2018 05:13PM Reply Quote
Moving Myth discussion here from Multi media thread (if, indeed, the discussion hasn't ended already). This method worked for installing Myth 2 for Windows. Man, it's getting harder and harder to do installs of old software now that internal CD-ROMs are a thing of the past. I had an external drive, but it was FireWire 400. Fortunately, 2012 MBP with DVD drive and a thumb drive for transfer worked.

John Willoughby – February 27, 2018 07:55AM Reply Quote
This won't revive gaming on the Mac, but it's an interesting bit of CPR. Vulkan Graphics API-to-Metal, open sourced through Valve.

bahamut – March 20, 2018 05:58PM Reply Quote
Apple just didn't care. They don't care about anything and slowly they will fade away. Except for Airpods

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login