Spork Boards
Hot Spork Chat : Join us in an AIM chat room!

What sells computers most?

ghidorah's Avatar Picture ghidorah – December 09, 2007 04:50PM Reply Quote
thats right--games.

ghidorah – December 09, 2007 05:03PM Reply Quote
Raise taxes on cavemen. --jw
Giant Monsters! clued me onto Godzilla Unleashed!(movie file)

Its enough to make me want to buy a Wii

Roger – December 09, 2007 07:06PM Reply Quote
Old news to the hardcore perhaps, but I've been enjoying the "Zero Punctuation" game reviews at The Escapist. His complaint about Nintendo's unimaginative rehashes of old titles on new platforms (in the console war rundown) seemed particularly apt to me after playing through the newest Zelda game on the DS: pretty and entertaining, but attended by a slightly stale feeling, like eating last year's sugar-frosted cereal.

John Willoughby – December 10, 2007 09:36AM Reply Quote
England expects that every man will do his duty. Ha-ha!
Got Rock Band for the PS3 and we've been enjoying it. I have major co-ordination issues, but my 8 year old daughter is already up to medium with guitar and drums on some of the introductory songs. My wife is interested, too, and my four year old is willing to be the band's dancer... as long as she can be a cheetah.

Madaracs – December 12, 2007 06:37PM Reply Quote
Ooh! Scary! Scary! Don't we look mean? You can't see me! But I can see you!
>I have major co-ordination issues

Absolutely make sure you have calibrated the in-game lag for your TV/Home Audio system. When we thought we were bad at the game, we found this vastly improved our skills. Kids seem to adapt to lag. They've not been trained to care about it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2007 06:38PM by Madaracs.

Cloudscout – December 13, 2007 04:29PM Reply Quote
Me, I want a hula-hoop.
A long time ago, I bought some arcade-style joysticks on Woot. They are built into this big platform that is styled to look kind of like it was taken from an arcade cabinet. It's for the PlayStation 2 but I have a couple of PlayStation->USB adapters to use with it (it has two cords since it has two joysticks on it). I never actually got around to using it for anything but tonight I finally hooked it up and fired up some MAME ROMs.

This is cool.

I may finally have the motivation to build that MAME cabinet I've talked about for years.

El Jeffe – December 14, 2007 04:13AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Imagine what the world would be like if you used your spare time for GOOD. :)

What a journey.

Madaracs – December 14, 2007 11:48AM Reply Quote
Sparby said: I may finally have the motivation to build that MAME cabinet I've talked about for years.

When I had my tonsils out I had that thing setup for days. It's all I did! Plugin a ton of classic games on the PS2 and rock with the joysticks. One of the best presents I ever got from you.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2007 11:49AM by Madaracs.

Cloudscout – December 18, 2007 07:58PM Reply Quote
Me, I want a hula-hoop.
I downloaded the Burnout Paradise demo on PS3. This is going to be a fun game!

El Jeffe – December 24, 2007 03:53PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
We got GHIII for Wii tonight. Not bad game. I still need to practice. Which I probably won't do. I just can't bring myself to play console games much anymore. I did my best just picking it up and going for it. Now that I think about it, I'm actually doing worse. Trying to figure out when to press the fret vs when to pluck.

When I first heard about GH (one), I thought it was a game that helped people learned to play. I was surprised to learn it's just buttons. Why not a real guitar?

Anyway, it was fun-ish for a few games. My drummer family members had fun trying. My nephew said it's more like real drumming, and you can actually get pretty good playing it. They left....to go play at a church/Christmas thing tonight.

What a journey.

Dr Phred (Moderator) – December 25, 2007 08:30AM Reply Quote
-Swine Flu free since...cough, cough...
My kids are loving the new Wii. The Simpsons game is a lot of fun as is Mario Galaxy.

Madaracs – December 26, 2007 10:17AM Reply Quote
Can't type too much here but my wife just bought me a PS3 from Game Crazy. I went with the PS3 as it has more built in Features and I really want Blade Runner. I can pick up an HD-DVD player on my own later with 5 free movies.

I got three games (buy 2 get one free with purchase of game system)

-Call of Duty 4 -- Not so sure about this. Not that into FPS on consoles.
-Lego Star Wars the Complete Saga -- I like these games.
-Need for Speed Pro-Street -- Paradise ain't out yet so I can hang onto this and exchange it in a week.

-And 12 Free Movie/Game rentals!

We rented Blood Diamond *Jennifer Connelly--Yum!* on Blue Ray for our December pick. Looked at Orange Box... not so sure about that.

I'm pretty excited about this...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2007 10:18AM by Madaracs.

Cloudscout – December 26, 2007 10:37AM Reply Quote
Me, I want a hula-hoop.
You can download the demo for Burnout Paradise.

If you want to borrow Ridge Racer 8, let me know.

Curtis – December 30, 2007 10:56AM Reply Quote
What the hell ...

Xbox Live seems to be all fucked up for me lately. It says I'm signed in, then it asks me to sign in again, then I'm disconnected. and all sorts of shit not working.

Fuck you Microsoft, I'm gonna go play some more Super Mario Galaxy.

Madaracs – December 30, 2007 11:52AM Reply Quote
The PS3 network ain't no picnic right now either.

Burnout Paradise is a bit addicting. I was up til 12:30 playing last night. And the online play is a hoot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2007 11:53AM by Madaracs.

Mokers – December 30, 2007 04:57PM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
Whenever I was playing Burnout online on the PS2, I would feel bad because I realized I was mostly working over kids half my age. Then ten seconds passed and I felt fine again....

Cloudscout – December 30, 2007 05:08PM Reply Quote
Me, I want a hula-hoop.
Curtis, you're not alone.

Curtis – December 30, 2007 05:31PM Reply Quote
In Super Mario Galaxy, every time I hit a hard level - I think to myself... "Damnit, this is a game made for 10 year olds... why are parts of it kicking my ass?"

Also, unrelated - One of my friends got WarioWare Smooth Moves as part of his buying a Wii bundle off Craigslist. I could see that being a heckuva party game. The one girl in attendance thought it was adorable as well...

Dr Phred (Moderator) – December 31, 2007 03:10AM Reply Quote
-Swine Flu free since...cough, cough...
That movie made my dogs bark.

Curtis – December 31, 2007 07:51AM Reply Quote
Apparently this Xbox issue is kinda a big deal.

WarioWare: played more of it last night with my friend and his two sisters. They were really getting into it... I thought the game's twitchy / way too fast / random nature would be a turnoff to them... who knew?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login