Spork Boards

AAPL.O

tomierna's Avatar Picture tomierna (Admin) – December 07, 2007 09:37PM Reply Quote
Talk about industry stock market mumbo-jumbo here.

Wobs – September 29, 2015 11:46AM Reply Quote
And to protect your iPhone, you have to put
It in a "LifeCase" & can ONLY USE AAPL Cables,
Or you can STILL kiss it goodbye! FWIW, I STILL had an
iPhone break on me, even in a LifeCase!

El Jeffe – September 29, 2015 12:54PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
how do you guys break things?
Or, what are your stories about the things you've broken?

ARL (Moderator) – September 29, 2015 05:35PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
El Jeffe
it would be an interesting study in when/where/why the drive towards thin, small, compact started in Apple.
Apple //c ?
Knowledge Navigator?
Was there some goal? End game? (Dick Tracy watch?)
Pragmatic to ship, store smaller devices?
But, while THIN still seems to be a goal, I peg Motorola microTac as driving the smallish length and width. Back then they said wearable, I believe.
But since smartphones, the length and width have grown.
AppleTV has grown.
Mac Mini has grown for the most part.
iMac diagonal screen size grew and grew; but got thinner.
For handheld stuff, (apple tv remote I'm looking at YOU), small and thin are hard to manage. imo.

I can only make a more general observation that before the smartphone craze brought in "phablets" mobile phones in the pre-smartphone era had miniaturised so much they were almost unusable. Anyone remember those tiny ones with miniscule buttons that didn't even cover halfway from ear to mouth? Trendy but unusable.

ARL (Moderator) – September 29, 2015 05:39PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
DPBD!

I'm pretty clumsy with my iPhone since my fingers don't grip properly. I got a $20 clear rubber cover that had a little hole for a lanyard at the bottom corner.

The phone has been bashed round plenty, but the lanyard's been a lifesaver.

Wobs – September 30, 2015 12:52PM Reply Quote
My iPhone NEVER EVER feel more than 3 feet. It's shoddy design, mfg., materials, etc. AND it was in a LifeCase when it "separated."

Wobs – October 01, 2015 12:02PM Reply Quote
Here's a present for all those with kids in college, or if you're in college! Berkeley (figures!) hijacks my proprietary IP en masses and some college "Course" app is SELLING IT, and wanted ME to pay to view the content! F Them!

Here's the link of content from 1999! STILL BEING USED & SOLD (WTF?!) Today!:

http://www.pelagius.com/AppleRecon/monsoon.html

It's topic is "Monsoon Clinton," and Japan having to re-arm, even applies to Obama's Non-Pivot to Asia. Read it and weep. I WASN'T just some "Conservative Goon," wearing lederhosen like MTK liked to say. Was I "Wrong?" Sigh. That'll save you at least some of the monies you'd otherwise PAY those assholes! If I find other things, I'll figure a place to share them, not here. I just got SO EFFIN' Pissed Off!

ARL (Moderator) – October 01, 2015 02:31PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
I think this should be in the parlour...

Wobs – October 01, 2015 04:38PM Reply Quote
My apologies. It's JUST the Thought that the Course Hero app could feel FREE to STEAL & SELL my work product hacked me OFF to No End. WHAT does the copyright & All Rights Reserved DON'T they get? NOT to Mention UC Berkeley!

tomierna (Admin) – October 01, 2015 05:53PM Reply Quote
Hideously Unnatural
If you have a copyright claim to something that others are pilfering, file a DMCA takedown.

ARL (Moderator) – October 01, 2015 09:18PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Sorry Wobs - I skimmed over the first bit of your post about the plaigiarism.

Universities should be taking that (plaigiarism) very seriously.

James DeBenedetti – October 08, 2015 07:33AM Reply Quote
The China Debt Fizzle

Paul Krugman
Remember the dire threat posed by our financial dependence on China? A few years ago it was all over the media, generally stated not as a hypothesis but as a fact. Obviously, terrible things would happen if China stopped buying our debt, or worse yet, started to sell off its holdings. Interest rates would soar and the U.S economy would plunge, right? Indeed, that great monetary expert Admiral Mullen was widely quoted as declaring that debt was our biggest security threat. Anyone who suggested that we didn’t actually need to worry about a China selloff was considered weird and irresponsible.

Well, don’t tell anyone, but the much-feared event is happening now. As China tries to prop up the yuan in the face of capital flight, it’s selling lots of U.S. debt; so are other emerging markets. And the effect on U.S. interest rates so far has been … nothing.

Who could have predicted such a thing? Well, me. And not just me: anyone who seriously thought through the economics of the situation, with the world awash in excess saving and the U.S. in a liquidity trap, quickly realized that the whole China-debt scare story was nonsense. But as I said, this wasn’t even reported as a debate; the threat of Chinese debt holdings was reported as fact.

And of course those who got this completely wrong have learned nothing from the experience.

ARL (Moderator) – October 12, 2015 12:52AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
He's right that it won't or shouldn't affect US interest rates.

That said, I don't think things are all beer & skittles either...

Cloudscout – October 12, 2015 07:50AM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
ARL
That said, I don't think things are all beer & skittles either...

Mmmmm... Skittlebräu.

bahamut – October 27, 2015 12:15PM Reply Quote
Well I guess they just need to shut up now.

bahamut – October 28, 2015 08:12AM Reply Quote
Oh wait! Next quarter. Yes, for sure next quarter they will miss estimates. Don't buy now!

Bunch of drunks.

ARL (Moderator) – November 18, 2015 01:52PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!

El Jeffe – November 18, 2015 01:56PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
just saw that headline.
Doesn't this feel like an alternate universe, yet?

El Jeffe – December 18, 2015 09:44AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Cook better be careful about taxes, encryption, etc.
Tougher men and organizations have fallen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2015 09:44AM by El Jeffe.

James DeBenedetti – December 18, 2015 11:18AM Reply Quote
Yeah, his BS about corporate taxes (they're a relic of the industrial age that modern companies shouldn't have to pay) significantly reduces my opinion of both him and Apple.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login