Spork Boards

AAPL.O

tomierna's Avatar Picture tomierna (Admin) – December 07, 2007 09:37PM Reply Quote
Talk about industry stock market mumbo-jumbo here.

John Willoughby – February 21, 2018 08:14AM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
Apple has found a place to send the QA testers for recent iOS and macOS versions.

According to a new report from Bloomberg, Apple “is in talks to buy long-term supplies of cobalt directly from miners for the first time.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2018 08:14AM by John Willoughby.

ARL (Moderator) – February 21, 2018 01:39PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Oh, if only...

John Willoughby – February 23, 2018 06:59AM Reply Quote

bahamut – February 23, 2018 07:38PM Reply Quote
Apple is apparently going to spend a ton of money on buybacks, plus a large dividend. I think they know they have no energy left. Maybe that’s why Tim Cook is talking about succession (frankly name one thing he did besides the Apple Watch).

John Willoughby – February 23, 2018 07:40PM Reply Quote
AirPods.

bahamut – February 23, 2018 07:41PM Reply Quote
True, those rock. I mean those are much much more innovative than the Watch has been and Inuse them much more.

bahamut – February 25, 2018 04:15AM Reply Quote
Wow, Apple is full of nothingburger execs. https://www.macrumors.com/2017/10/25/angela-ahrendts-new-profile/

As far as I can tell, zero innovation in her under the stores.

Speaking of zero innovation. How hard would it be to change Safari so that I could use the share widget with Twitter again? On both Mac and iOS it has the 180 character limit. I can't wait to hear it trotted out at WWDC.

El Jeffe – February 27, 2018 12:16AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Angela, from very very nearby me here, has done the one thing I care about... taken a CLOSET sized Apple store in Indy and made it normal sized.

John Willoughby – February 27, 2018 05:55AM Reply Quote
Our Apple store has gotten much larger, and they've done away with any kind of desk, except for the tables exhibiting products. A huge video screen dominates one wall. I kind of miss having actual desks to deal with Apple Genii and purchases.

bahamut – March 08, 2018 07:58AM Reply Quote
How the hell do they interact with you then? I mean I brought in a Cinema Display to be repaired the other day…

Here, hold this while I explain what's wrong.

John Willoughby – March 08, 2018 08:12AM Reply Quote
Haven't been there for repairs, yet. I think they'd probably send somebody to take your item ASAP, since it's not good for business to have people lounging about with broken hardware.

bahamut – March 08, 2018 02:35PM Reply Quote
I like the idea of lounging about with broken hardware. Maybe they could have ratty couches to sit on with your broken toys?

ddt – March 08, 2018 03:58PM Reply Quote
Even with just a laptop, the "hang out and we'll find you when it's your turn" at the Apple store is really unsettling and did not reassure me. I'd rather have a "we know you're here and waiting in this area" area.

ddt

Roger – March 09, 2018 09:23AM Reply Quote
I, too, find the formless milling-about approach to in-store service weird and unsettling. It usually works out within a minute or two if I just stand in the entryway looking confused — though sometimes they ignore me for a while — but I wish they'd just post a maitre d' or a greeter or whatever by the door.

El Jeffe – March 17, 2018 11:54AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Just went to Apple store keystone today. I've been planning this. Wife's 16GB has been hard to manage storage on. I have (spoiler: HAD) 128GB. So, thought I would upgrade, and slide mine to her. Was not sure if B&M Apple stores had refurbished phones. (NO). So, I called. What I did find out from Robert in Austin was that they would BUY her old phone. And get THIS!!!! They gave me $195 for it. I expected under $100. So, now I have iPhone 7 Plus and she has my old 128GB 6SP. VERY HAPPY with their trade-in.

johnny k – March 17, 2018 02:10PM Reply Quote
16GB what? I'm thinking of selling my 64GB 6S+ and was pleasantly surprised that I might get $300 for it on Swappa. Looks like Apple will give me $195, too. Boo.

I hate how addicted I am to the phone... thinking about switching to an LTE Watch only, for the necessary stuff.

El Jeffe – March 18, 2018 04:30AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I bought 16GB 6s plus refurb from WalMart last year. $395.
Apple Store gave me $195 for it yesterday. They still sell and have 6s plus-es in the store, too. Found that odd.
So, overnight, I've come to conclusion my new 32GB 7 plus won't cut it. Going back today to get more storage. oh well, it's just money. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2018 04:31AM by El Jeffe.

El Jeffe – April 20, 2018 03:53AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Trade In (well, what's the term for GIVE-in?)

https://www.apple.com/shop/trade-in?

John Willoughby – April 30, 2018 10:44AM Reply Quote

John Willoughby – May 01, 2018 12:53PM Reply Quote
Earnings report was good. I still think that they're going to need to make a lot of changes, but the market disagrees. So far.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login