Spork Boards

small, furry, loud, dangerous

bahamut's Avatar Picture bahamut – November 15, 2008 04:46AM Reply Quote
a thread about our spawn.

El Jeffe – November 14, 2014 11:11PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I am on a PRO skilled labor bent in my views. But then again, I've been raised and around an almost entirely blue collar (mostly UAW) family, too.
And personally I am very favorable on manufacturing. Something... a LOT ... to be said for being able to hold in one's hands at the end of the day what one made.

Mokers (Moderator) – December 02, 2014 01:33PM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
Well, I have joined all of you filthy breeders. Come June I hope to have pictures of the Mokers..twins (oy!)

El Jeffe – December 02, 2014 02:06PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
making up for lost time, I see?
Congrats.
Now, you're not planning on doing what my ex roomie did? They ended up with 5 children under the age of 4. Had three in about 34 months then decided enough... and found out she was pregnant with twins.

Mokers (Moderator) – December 02, 2014 02:21PM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
I think if the twins are a girl and boy, my wife is going to ask that I be snipped...

so here's hoping for twin boys or twin girls :)

ARL (Moderator) – December 02, 2014 02:25PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Mokers
I think if the twins are a girl and boy, my wife is going to ask that I be snipped...

so here's hoping for twin boys or twin girls :)

A year from now when you're insane from sleep deprivation you'll be wishing the latter.

Congrats to you both, btw.

(If Mrs Mokers develops a Tim Tam craving, I can arrange freight btw...)

bahamut – December 02, 2014 02:58PM Reply Quote
still in los angeles? you got to send her to golden bridge man, believe me, she will thank you.

johnny k – December 02, 2014 06:11PM Reply Quote
Congrats! I thought I'd like some twins to get things over with as soon as possible, but while I've adapted to doing a lot of things with a baby in one arm, that's not scalable. Prepare to get good at blocking out crying. I pray you'll have a good support network.

ARL (Moderator) – December 02, 2014 06:57PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Yeah, twins are not "double trouble", they're "trouble squared"...

El Jeffe – December 03, 2014 12:27AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
everything is good.... and then teenage sets in.

Mokers (Moderator) – December 03, 2014 06:29AM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
Thanks for the good wishes guys. I have to amend all my offers of hospitality and pie, which you'll only get if you are carrying a few stacks of diapers.

Jeff Cooper – December 03, 2014 06:34AM Reply Quote
Congratulations, Mokers!

And congratulations, Jeffe. The Honors College is a good program, and a free ride is excellent.

tomierna (Admin) – December 03, 2014 07:02AM Reply Quote
Hideously Unnatural
Congrats!

John Willoughby – December 03, 2014 07:25AM Reply Quote
Save us, Lord, from the furries of the Norsemen!
That's amazing, Mokers, not just dipping a toe into the pool of parenthood but jumping into the deep end!

Now for the obligatory phrase that you will hear at EVERY stage of your children's development, no matter how stressed you are: "Oh, this is the EASY part!"

johnny k – December 03, 2014 08:01AM Reply Quote
LOL, true, JW. No, my kids are going to be great and getting better every year, eventually growing wings and halos. I'm sure of it.
Cloth diapers are really not bad (we supplement with disposables). Have a washer/dryer that can do small loads since you'll be doing them every day or two, or maybe there's a service in LA. You'll probably save a few thousands at your volume.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2014 08:02AM by johnny k.

John Willoughby – December 03, 2014 08:04AM Reply Quote
Save us, Lord, from the furries of the Norsemen!
We got a washing machine with a sterilize setting for diapers. (I took a ride in it after our second kid.)

bahamut – December 05, 2014 03:00AM Reply Quote
We tried to use cloth diapers. We really did. My wife is a major low waste eco person. My mom brags about how she used cloth diapers in the 60s when everybody was using paper.

After a month of service, we realized it was a complete and total disaster. Paper all the way after that. Mind you we were also living in an apartment in LA so we couldn't wash diapers in the laundry down the hall (well I guess we could, but really…) and the service wouldn't show up sometimes causing great stress. Plus the new generation of ultra-thin disposables worked so damn well.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2014 03:00AM by bahamut.

Mokers (Moderator) – December 05, 2014 08:06AM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
I've done the diaper use calculations. Oh boy.

El Jeffe – December 05, 2014 11:46AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
and? Was it shitty?

bahamut – December 06, 2014 04:44PM Reply Quote
We thought cloth diapers were pretty shitty.

Ron Burns – December 07, 2014 10:47AM Reply Quote
"We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation." Voltaire
Somewhat belated - but nonetheless substantial - congratulations..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login