Spork Boards

small, furry, loud, dangerous

bahamut's Avatar Picture bahamut – November 15, 2008 04:46AM Reply Quote
a thread about our spawn.

bahamut – January 07, 2017 07:31PM Reply Quote
Oh…

I already have a cheaper bluetooth headset that I like and since Siri was the only reason to get the Airpods, I guess I won't bother.

John Willoughby – January 07, 2017 08:37PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
I've not spent time with them, yet, and the reviewers were able to access Siri. I'm sure that I'm doing something wrong.

bahamut – January 08, 2017 03:42PM Reply Quote
My son joined the Boy Scouts! I wish I had been able to but with my parents, it wasn't likely...

El Jeffe – January 08, 2017 04:36PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
brush up on your knots

ARL (Moderator) – January 13, 2017 02:52AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Well, my daughter will shortly have a new half-brother or sister. She's quite excited about this but I'm worried about the negative consequences. My daughter has had a rough year at school where she's felt unwanted by her classmates and I'm worried that the new baby will make her feel a bit of a latchkey kid at home too. It's already been a bit that way during the pregnancy and I expect it to get worse with a newborn. For eg my ex, over 8 months pregnant, took my daughter with her to a meditation retreat -- and left her there when she went into labour.

I'm still annoyed with the reasons my ex had for getting pregnant again (against medical advice mind you, she's been quite unwell at times). There wasn't much consideration about whether it was the right thing for her, my daughter, and their current circumstances - it was simply she wanted to get pregnant again before she was "too old."

I wouldn't care other than for the fact this could badly impact my daughter. Really stressed and concerned...

johnny k – January 13, 2017 06:44AM Reply Quote
You being a concerned parent is good, and hopefully you can pick up the slack when she doesn't get as much attention from her mom. Sucks to have to coordinate with a possibly uncooperative partner, but you'll be a rock and she'll be okay. I know that for two small kids, we're much better parents when we can divide and conquer. Much respect to single parents with multiple kids.

John Willoughby – January 13, 2017 07:23AM Reply Quote
Much respect, and a certain amount of awe.

ARL (Moderator) – January 23, 2017 02:53PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Grrr!

Rise in autism blamed on clinicians diagnosing mild symptoms, study finds.

The 20-fold increase in the number of children diagnosed with autism in the past 30 years is due to clinicians diagnosing less severe autism in children, a study has found.

James DeBenedetti – January 23, 2017 08:56PM Reply Quote

El Jeffe – January 24, 2017 04:14AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I know for my own personal experience my early detection saved my life.

ARL (Moderator) – January 24, 2017 02:31PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
I have a problem when it's incorrect overdiagnosis...

bahamut – February 03, 2017 04:42PM Reply Quote
Anybody play WoW with their kids? I still pay for my subscription although it's been years since I've played. I guess I should give it up. Would love to play a little with my son but am not paying for the sub. Any thoughts?

John Willoughby – February 03, 2017 05:06PM Reply Quote
We did for a long time. I've drifted away from the game, at least on Blizzard's servers. My wife stays subscribed, mostly because she forgets to unsub. Every now and then my youngest will subscribe and play for a few weeks. When we were all subscribed together, we'd try to do things together, but we all have very different play styles. Trying to group up usually ended in frustration and annoyance. We mostly ended up playing separately, lending each other aid for the rough spots and were much happier.

ARL (Moderator) – February 03, 2017 05:48PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Blizzard keeps your character don't they?

Hmmm... Maybe not

Oops
Character Not Available

This character profile could not be displayed, possibly for one of the following reasons:

The character has been inactive for an extended period of time.
The character name or realm was spelled incorrectly.
The profile is temporarily unavailable while the character is in the midst of a process such as a realm transfer or faction change.
Characters that have been deleted are no longer available.

John Willoughby – February 03, 2017 06:46PM Reply Quote
US server ARL? Have you played since they shut down the Australian servers?

ARL (Moderator) – February 03, 2017 07:58PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Haven't played since 2011. Not really phased. If I ever got back into it, I'd certainly want my old characters back.

John Willoughby – February 04, 2017 08:52PM Reply Quote
I went back for Legion, after skipping Warlords of Draenor. It was okay on the first run-through, but tiresome for alts. They've also made it a real grind to enable flying in the last few expansions. Not worth the effort, IMHO. Also, playing solo, I could pretty much overrun all non-instanced content without much of a problem. No challenge = no interest. Playing on a Vanila WoW private server now, and enjoying it much more.

ARL (Moderator) – February 04, 2017 09:28PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
I read that Legion got good reviews, and was surprised to read that subscribers were still 10 million+ (largely thanks to legion).

I liked the challenge of the solo stuff back when it wasn't just, "kill 10 boars". I enjoyed all the 5-man dungeons with BC and LK but I only did maybe a dozen bigger raids (I mean like, who has 6 hours, plus all the "herding cats" bullshit when crucial players go afk?)

No, WOW was a gateway drug for me to distract myself from the horrible, horrible reality of my relationship with my then-girlfriend. That and alcohol. Not going back in...

bahamut – February 22, 2017 10:25AM Reply Quote
So our son's teacher gives him noogies and our son is complaining. How do we deal with this? I guess just tell him, right? Still, it's not so easy to just tell the teacher… 

El Jeffe – March 20, 2017 12:15AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I hated those.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login