Spork Boards

small, furry, loud, dangerous

bahamut's Avatar Picture bahamut – November 15, 2008 04:46AM Reply Quote
a thread about our spawn.

Jeff Cooper – December 22, 2015 05:24PM Reply Quote
El Jeffe
son ended first semester with 4.0; but only got 98% on his calc final.
I had to move some boxes today and found my calc final. Perfect and was number one for the entire class that semester. :)

Ground him!

Actually, more important: tell him what I tell my first year students who do really well. Don't get cocky .

John Willoughby – December 22, 2015 06:03PM Reply Quote
Save us, Lord, from the furries of the Norsemen!
Yeah, for my first three years of college, my grades got higher the more classes I skipped. (I was forced to do all the reading and truly study for exams.) I overplayed my hand on my fourth year, and had a dramatic correction in my GPA.

Mokers (Moderator) – December 22, 2015 07:09PM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
About seven months in and more nights than not, the girls sleep through the night without us having to wake up and feed them. So we kind of have the place to ourselves from about 8 pm to 5 or 6am. Hallelujah!

John Willoughby – December 22, 2015 07:23PM Reply Quote
Congratulations, Mokers, it's a great feeling!

ARL (Moderator) – December 22, 2015 08:05PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Even with twins? Seven months? Are they teething yet?

The sleep deprived me from 6 or so years ago wants to slap you...

(Congrats though - it's a good milestone)

Mokers (Moderator) – December 23, 2015 02:50AM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
We have been very lucky that they don't wake each other up is hen they cry about 90% of the time. They basically have gradually slept longer and longer and with solid foods started making it through the night more often. I know they can go back to waking up especially when teething (and with flu season...) but they seem to be doing ok. I think it helped that we had them in their bassinets in our room for about a week and after that they never slept in our beds. I've also had a white noise player in there basically every night so they don't get startled if we walk in and one of the floor boards creaks.

El Jeffe – December 23, 2015 03:45AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Mokers
About seven months in and more nights than not, the girls sleep through the night without us having to wake up and feed them. So we kind of have the place to ourselves from about 8 pm to 5 or 6am. Hallelujah!

If you're both not dead tired, you'll just have more spare time and in about 9 months... more kids... :)

johnny k – December 23, 2015 07:01AM Reply Quote
That's what happened here.

Congrats, Joe - that's a game-changer! It can fool you into thinking you might be able to handle more kids. We continued to be sleep deprived as we then had alone time to watch TV or whatever, and then back up at 6am!

This one just got a mild case of chicken pox from the vaccine, but was a trooper. Freakish toddler energy more than cancelled it out. And now she knows how to blow her own nose.

El Jeffe – December 23, 2015 08:25AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
we are lucky. Our kids slept through night after one 4 to 6 weeks. for the most part, of course there are exceptions like sickness and such.
And our kids never were rambunctious.

Jeff Cooper – December 25, 2015 05:34PM Reply Quote
Lucky indeed. My daughter woke up crying every night, sometime between 1 and 4, until she was four. She wouldn't go back to sleep unless someone was in the room with her (and even then she took a long time). I spent a lot of nights sleeping on her floor. It was almost always me, and that was a factor in the collapse of my marriage.

Alan Lehman – December 26, 2015 08:08AM Reply Quote
We ran shifts. After dinner my ex would go to bed. Between that and 2AM, it was on me to take care of anything that needed doing (and sleep when I could). After that, it was on her and I got to sleep uninterrupted. It was a reasonable balance. But, after the colic went away, my daughter was a reasonable sleeper so it's not there was too much stress on the system. Mostly.

But she's still my ex.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2015 08:09AM by Alan Lehman.

El Jeffe – December 26, 2015 09:11AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
it's this sort of stuff that leads one down the logical path of multiple SOs (like more than one wife) So, less work for each of them/us, right? And yeah, perhaps some other fringe benefits. LOL LOL

John Willoughby – April 05, 2016 04:25PM Reply Quote
I got a text from my youngest today: "I got suspended from school today."

She used a website to generate a fake text conversation between two other students, in which she had one trash-talk the other, and sent it to one of the students. She expected them to ask her about it, then she would explain. But instead the student got very hurt and upset. (Not an unreasonable reaction.)

I told my daughter that this was pretty much a textbook example of bullying, and she agreed. She is actually repentant, which may seem obvious, but this girl has never previously evidenced any regret about anything she has ever done. So, at least she recognizes the gravity of the situation.

Wife and I have to discuss the daughter's punishment. She's suspended for two days.

johnny k – May 03, 2016 09:45PM Reply Quote
Caught up with Mokers (and many of you) in the baby department Monday night. Number 2 looks like me, but very different from his red sister. 20 months apart, I hope they grow up best friends.

Mokers (Moderator) – May 04, 2016 06:48AM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
awesome Johnny! one of the cool things about having two at once is seeing how they deal with having to share everything all of the time, even when they have two of everything. My heart absolutely melts whenever they stop what they are doing and just decide to give each other a kiss for no reason.

John Willoughby – May 04, 2016 07:34AM Reply Quote
Congratulations, Johnny! Double the trouble, double the fun. For a while I thought my two were going to go all Highlander on each other, but they steadied out and enjoy each other's company now. It helps that they're four years apart and have different interests. Not a lot of competition anymore.

El Jeffe – May 04, 2016 07:59AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Fantastic news.
Record everything. Store offsite.

James DeBenedetti – May 04, 2016 03:06PM Reply Quote
Congrats, Johnny!

tomierna (Admin) – May 04, 2016 03:07PM Reply Quote
Hideously Unnatural
Congrats, JK.

Mine are 13 months apart. I'm sure yours will be close!

ARL (Moderator) – May 04, 2016 03:12PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Congrats, JK.

More planned, or are you going to follow the "you have two, that will do" mantra?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login