Spork Boards

small, furry, loud, dangerous

bahamut's Avatar Picture bahamut – November 15, 2008 04:46AM Reply Quote
a thread about our spawn.

Jeff Cooper – October 29, 2015 08:27PM Reply Quote
Get ready for a wild ride. The next couple of months are barely the beginning.

Mokers (Moderator) – October 30, 2015 08:09AM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
it's been a lot of fun. I'm really learning to appreciate all of the caregivers. moms, dads, grandparents, nannys, babysitters, aunts and uncles. really excited because there is just amazing development at this age. It seems like every couple of days their brains have figured out to do something new.

johnny k – October 31, 2015 04:19PM Reply Quote
You have family in the area? That's the thing I miss most.
Ours has just learned to walk, though she's not always into it. Her other new tricks are clapping, waving, and shaking her head, but not often at an appropriate time.

Mokers (Moderator) – October 31, 2015 06:48PM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
yeah, her parents live about a 5-10 minute drive away. they have already taken the kids for overnights 3 or 4 times since they have been born, which has just been amazing. Gave us a chance to go out AND get a full night's sleep. Some of the people in our twins group haven't seen had a night away in years.

El Jeffe – November 01, 2015 01:18AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
We never had (Grand) parents nearby.
But they have at times, like when I was in hospital and such, watched the children.
But other than that, we never had a babysitter.

Dave Loudin – November 01, 2015 02:07PM Reply Quote
I finished moving middle daughter to Brooklyn (Crown Heights) this past week. She starts working as a NICU nurse at SUNY Downstate Medical Center any time now.

John Willoughby – November 01, 2015 03:13PM Reply Quote
Save us, Lord, from the furries of the Norsemen!
Big step, Dave!

johnny k – November 22, 2015 05:32PM Reply Quote
Officially toddlerhood. The focus and shrieking delight she takes in walking is itself a joy to behold. Try to remember when life gets complicated.

El Jeffe – November 23, 2015 01:24AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
great!
I go over my photos fairly frequently. It's a double-edged sword, I find. Melancholy often ensues.
Aside from wishing I was back in their toddler days, the photos of so many departed people from my life ... the feeling can be unavoidable.
I selected and printed three recent photos, and replaced my young children's photos with ones that are entirely too grown up. It was as if the 10 years which passed between the photos in the frame and the ones I updated them with, flew by in real-time.

I wish my brain had the capacity of much more details of all those times. But the photos help. And the main thing is the love that exists.

John Willoughby – November 23, 2015 06:52AM Reply Quote
I honestly don't know what I am going to do when my kids leave the nest. There will be no focus to my life. Other than my underwater city, of course.

Jeff Cooper – November 23, 2015 11:17AM Reply Quote
johnny k
Officially toddlerhood. The focus and shrieking delight she takes in walking is itself a joy to behold. Try to remember when life gets complicated.

Beautiful.

El Jeffe – December 20, 2015 03:38PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I think I might have broken my collar bone where it meets my sternum. Not a good family day. Yes, that's why I am posting in THIS thread.

bahamut – December 20, 2015 03:47PM Reply Quote
Oh no.

ARL (Moderator) – December 20, 2015 04:40PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
I hope it's not as a result of one of the smaller furrier Jeffes!

El Jeffe – December 20, 2015 04:41PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
they ain't smaller any more. .

Jeff Cooper – December 22, 2015 07:12AM Reply Quote
Oh no, Jeffe! Update? Is it broken?

On another note, I'm beginning to wonder if I'm going to survive the adolescence of a kid on the spectrum.

El Jeffe – December 22, 2015 09:05AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I balked at doctor... expense...
time will tell if that was dumb (likely) or not.

John Willoughby – December 22, 2015 10:56AM Reply Quote
Well, if you DID need to see the doctor, you can always do that when it becomes apparent. That's the wonderful thing about horrific injuries: they're always there for you. I hope that you're not in too much pain in the interim.

El Jeffe – December 22, 2015 01:30PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
son ended first semester with 4.0; but only got 98% on his calc final.
I had to move some boxes today and found my calc final. Perfect and was number one for the entire class that semester. :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login