Spork Boards

small, furry, loud, dangerous

bahamut's Avatar Picture bahamut – November 15, 2008 04:46AM Reply Quote
a thread about our spawn.

Mokers (Moderator) – July 17, 2015 08:02AM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
jeffe, I was a know it all shithead for about 5 years. Like ARL says, it should wear off.

El Jeffe – July 17, 2015 10:32AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I'm struggling with that aspect. My dad was my hero. I sure hope so. I feel like a loser parent because of his behavior.

El Jeffe – July 17, 2015 01:39PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
In the last 94 min (of runtime) I've come to the conclusion that I am Paul Blart.

El Jeffe – July 17, 2015 03:41PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
After the most recent 108 minutes, I now wonder if I'm an artificial intelligence undergoing a Turing test.

Mokers (Moderator) – July 17, 2015 04:36PM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
jeffe, I called my dad today saying how after becoming a parent, I truly realized how amazing my parents would and I took them for granted. even past my shithead phase and into adulthood. I treated them better, but still didn't take the time to tell them I appreciated them. I called my dad today and thanked him and my mom.

El Jeffe – July 17, 2015 04:45PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
happy

Bruce Robertson – July 17, 2015 06:14PM Reply Quote
Yeah, I wish I could talk to my dad now. He died of an aneurysm at 54. They raised 5 kids, I am oldest. They accomplished so much with us in many ways. Except for wanting to be parents ourselves. Only one of us managed that.

johnny k – July 18, 2015 06:33PM Reply Quote
I was just thinking the same thing today, Mokers. Realizing that I didn't see my parents as full people so much as their roles. I told my mom in a Mother's Day letter that seeing my wife step into the role gave me a wider appreciation for what she did. "Devoted parent" is used as if parents have another choice. It's a sacrifice.

It's easy right now because the baby can't piss me off and I can't say anything that will damage her psyche.

El Jeffe – August 02, 2015 08:47AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
big, lazy, vocal and worthless.
My son lifts weights a lot. I have an old water softener system that needs to get out of the basement.
He huffs and puffs and complains about simple labor where I can use his muscle to forego paying someone $50-$200 to come move something.
But complains I don't work/make enough money to fund his 6 meals a day....
tests my patience and I am failing the test.

Jeff Cooper – August 03, 2015 04:50PM Reply Quote
Geez, Jeffe, sorry to hear that. I'm having my own struggles with teenagerdom at the other end (13). I miss my (mostly) happy little boy; instead, I'm stuck with this sullen creature who tonight told me that I wasn't a real dad (because, as best as I could tell, I sometimes ask or tell him to do things he doesn't want to do).

El Jeffe – August 04, 2015 12:19AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
yep.
they seem to be completely different beings inside at times.

Ron Burns – August 04, 2015 04:08AM Reply Quote
"We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation." Voltaire
El Jeffe
they seem to be completely different beings inside at times.

They are Bill, they are...

John Willoughby – August 21, 2015 09:55AM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
Step 1: Youngest child, after repeated warnings about carelessly losing it, loses her iPod.
Step 2: After much harassment by youngest child, her mother lends her youngest child her old iPhone 4s. No cell plan, but much irreplacable data on it (because the mother cannot back up any of her devices because there is not a MB free on her computer. Ever.)
Step 3: Youngest child is given repeated warnings about carelessly losing the iPhone.
Step 4: Youngest child carelessly loses iPhone

Is it just me, or was Step 4 ENTIRELY PREDICTABLE AND EXPECTED given Steps 1 and 2?

The only electronics that youngest child will get going forward are going to be chained to wheel hubs like gas station restroom keys.

bahamut – August 21, 2015 12:43PM Reply Quote
Couldn't you use find my iphone to find the iphone or ipad?

John Willoughby – August 21, 2015 01:38PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
It doesn't show up in find my iPhone. The iPod probably ran its battery down, the phone never showed up, and has now probably run its battery down as well.

ARL (Moderator) – August 21, 2015 04:00PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
"This is why you can't have nice things..."

El Jeffe – August 21, 2015 04:18PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
agreed

bahamut – August 25, 2015 07:07PM Reply Quote
Lord.

Mokers (Moderator) – October 21, 2015 06:44AM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
starting the first day of my parental leave. Returning to the office january 4th. my corruption of our future generations can begin in earnest!

El Jeffe – October 21, 2015 06:09PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
best of luck to all of us! :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login