Spork Boards

small, furry, loud, dangerous

bahamut's Avatar Picture bahamut – November 15, 2008 04:46AM Reply Quote
a thread about our spawn.

ddt – January 05, 2009 08:21AM Reply Quote
just realized that she kinda looks like river tam in one of those photos... .

ddt

John Willoughby – January 05, 2009 08:28AM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
Yeah, I was overjoyed when she received those. Her older sister got a real flute, and I guess it was thought that she should have an instrument, too. It turns out that this (App Store link) is more her speed. My wife has to guard her iPhone, or the little one will seize it and hide in a remote corner, running the battery down. (I heartily recommend the app, btw, if you like bells. It's very well done.)

John Willoughby – January 05, 2009 08:30AM Reply Quote
ddt
just realized that she kinda looks like river tam in one of those photos... .

ddt

Her swordsmanship isn't quite up to River's level, unfortunately.

Alan Lehman – January 05, 2009 08:37AM Reply Quote
John Willoughby

Her swordsmanship isn't quite up to River's level, unfortunately.

Unfortunately?? Dude, you've got a whole different set of criteria for raising kids. I want my kid to be as inexperienced with large cutlery as possible for the foreseeable future. (Maybe things in Reno are a bit more primitive than I remembered)

John Willoughby – January 05, 2009 08:41AM Reply Quote
If you're going to wield a weapon, know how to use it. And it you can do it with pirouettes and high kicks in combat boots, so much the better.

Alan Lehman – January 05, 2009 10:51AM Reply Quote
Clearly it won't be my kid defending the remains of humanity when skynet becomes self aware. Nevertheless, I'll take my chances and keep my daughter armed (or is that contained) with magic wands and tiaras.

John Willoughby – January 05, 2009 10:59AM Reply Quote
It all depends which way their imaginations go. My oldest, at nine, is still happy with cute fuzzy pink things, but her sister is more rough and tumble. She's fun.

John Willoughby – January 16, 2009 12:21PM Reply Quote
A surprisingly large number of conversations with my eldest involve my being informed as to the ways that I might re-arrange my life and spending priorities to enhance her existence.

Alan Lehman – January 16, 2009 05:38PM Reply Quote
John Willoughby
A surprisingly large number of conversations with my eldest involve my being informed as to the ways that I might re-arrange my life and spending priorities to enhance her existence.

What? She wants her own iPhone already? Mine just wants to eat dinner at the all you can eat Chinese buffet every night. She likes the crab legs, especially when she doesn't have to crack them.

John Willoughby – January 16, 2009 06:32PM Reply Quote
No. Just everything else that catches her fancy on TV or in real life. If I can't quite swing the credit card payments, I'm free to sell my belongings to raise the money.

YDD – January 20, 2009 04:22AM Reply Quote

I'm free to sell my belongings to raise the money
Have you pointed out that she might fall within the definition of 'belonging' ;-)

John Willoughby – January 20, 2009 06:29AM Reply Quote
Oh, yes. She's quite sweet most of the time; she just doesn't understand why I get cool things like a car, a house, a computer, and she doesn't.

El Jeffe – January 20, 2009 08:00AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Why DO you? :)

John Willoughby – January 20, 2009 08:01AM Reply Quote
I have a job.

El Jeffe – January 20, 2009 09:06AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Damn! That Barack works fast!

El Jeffe – January 20, 2009 09:07AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Oh... you mean an already existing job. You're not exclaiming it just now...my bad. :)

John Willoughby – January 20, 2009 09:07AM Reply Quote
Not only that, I have pot in every chicken, and two bars in my garage.

El Jeffe – January 20, 2009 09:12AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Oh, remind me that I picked up a $3 rotisserie chicken for the 'eaters' in my family, for dinner tonight, k?

I'm sure I'll leave it in the 'garage' fridge by mistake.

At least I got the tooth out of the tooth fairy pillow this morning. :)

John Willoughby – January 20, 2009 09:46AM Reply Quote
>At least I got the tooth out of the tooth fairy pillow this morning

Yeah, that's a hard one to recover from. "Oh, look, I found a dollar on the floor by your bed."

YDD – January 20, 2009 05:20PM Reply Quote

Oh, yes. She's quite sweet most of the time; she just doesn't understand why I get cool things like a car, a house, a computer, and she doesn't
Cogitating further, if her little sister is a Night Elf Paladin, could you send the latter out gold farming? :-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login