Spork Boards

Swiffies for...

johnny k – December 27, 2007 09:31AM Reply Quote
Let's balance out every milkshake with a swiffie. Everyone else on the internet only complains.

-

So I bitched about AT&T DSL and it's only fair that I throw them a bone when deserved. In the process of transferring service to my roommate (fairly straightforward), I asked that a 411 charge be removed from my bill because we only have the landline to get DSL, and there's not even a phone hooked up. They credited my account without a question.

btw, why do all these phone trees ask for your account number before they direct you, and then when you're talking to a person, they just ask for it again? I was transferred twice, and I had to give the number 4 times.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2007 09:46AM by johnny k.

Jeff Cooper – November 12, 2011 04:12PM Reply Quote
I agree. It's the kind of thing that they would say if you sent something in for repair and it turned out to be fine. After all, the local shop charges a diagnostic fee even if they can't find anything wrong. I can't imagine Apple would actually implement that language as part of a recall.

El Jeffe – November 12, 2011 04:16PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Maybe I should still pop it in the microwave and get a burn mark here or there before shipping it back. LOL

Jeff Cooper – November 12, 2011 04:21PM Reply Quote
Just entered my serial number and am getting a shipping box. Back it goes, I guess. Ah well, someone else will be very happy to get such a clean nano.

El Jeffe – November 19, 2011 04:20PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Got my quite large, padded box to return an old ipod back for what will surely be to scrap it....
And found another ipod to enter in the info and get it returned, too.
kind of excited to see what comes of this.

Jeff Cooper – November 20, 2011 12:01PM Reply Quote
I wouldn't get too excited. I expect Apple to replace the batteries of the units that are sent in, maybe give them a brief polishing, and send them back out. You'll get the unit someone else sent in (if you're lucky, you'll get mine--it's close to pristine). I'll get the unit someone else sent in--which, no doubt, will be almost trashed.

El Jeffe – November 20, 2011 03:11PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Look what IU, law, the liberal left has DONE TO YOU! You've become cynical!!! LOL

Jeff Cooper – December 09, 2011 05:53AM Reply Quote
Well. Only took Apple four weeks to get the shipping box to me so I could return my nano. Figure I'll see a replacement in, what, four months?

El Jeffe – December 09, 2011 03:32PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I think I got my TWO boxes, and shipped them back in half that time.

El Jeffe – December 20, 2011 04:44AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Reports are that some later/more recent Nanos are being replaced by NEW Nanos.
So, J-Coop, your procrastination might pay off.
http://goo.gl/t7X41

Mokers (Moderator) – December 20, 2011 09:17AM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
Bill Smith, for excellent taste in coffee and chocolates!

El Jeffe – December 21, 2011 03:43AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
See what following me on Twitter can do for you? (Crap, I didn't buy the other guy that follows me anything! lol)

El Jeffe – December 24, 2011 03:30AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
sort of a Merry .... two of these arrived this morning.

Your service request has been completed and your IPOD NANO shipped on 2011-12-23. Please allow two business days for delivery.

Jeff Cooper – December 25, 2011 10:50AM Reply Quote
My kids, with great glee, gave me my Hanukkah/Christmas present: an iPod nano.

So when my replacement comes, I'll have two. Probably a good thing: it's so small, it looks eminently losable. I lost a 4G nano; I sure as heck can lose this.

ddt – December 25, 2011 07:19PM Reply Quote
I sure as heck can lose this

Aim high, Mr. Cooper!

Cool kids, very cool kids.

ddt

El Jeffe – December 29, 2011 07:14AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Got my two NEW iPod Nanos from Apple for the first generation battery recall issue.
Sweet. Still in box....

johnny k – December 29, 2011 08:15AM Reply Quote
Cool, you can make your own Lady Gaga glasses.

El Jeffe – December 29, 2011 09:54AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Or Bill Smith iPodicles (down below). :)

John Willoughby – December 29, 2011 03:19PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
Complete with a set of rearbuds.

johnny k – January 10, 2012 06:21AM Reply Quote
...unibody (and SMART). My MBP has fallen off countertops onto hard surfaces while running twice now. Didn't even miss a beat. Got some dents, sure, but it's solid metal. I can file it down.

John Willoughby – January 10, 2012 07:06AM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
Might want to reconsider how you're using your MacBook Pro, if you've dropped it twice. It hurts to just hear about it!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login