Spork Boards

Swiffies for...

johnny k – December 27, 2007 09:31AM Reply Quote
Let's balance out every milkshake with a swiffie. Everyone else on the internet only complains.

-

So I bitched about AT&T DSL and it's only fair that I throw them a bone when deserved. In the process of transferring service to my roommate (fairly straightforward), I asked that a 411 charge be removed from my bill because we only have the landline to get DSL, and there's not even a phone hooked up. They credited my account without a question.

btw, why do all these phone trees ask for your account number before they direct you, and then when you're talking to a person, they just ask for it again? I was transferred twice, and I had to give the number 4 times.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2007 09:46AM by johnny k.

ddt – June 17, 2016 06:24AM Reply Quote
Not sure if those crippers (that's a bit of an uncomfortable name) require pieces with distinct material properties, such as more spring for the arm cuff but stiffness in the arm and claw, but it seems like this might be a good candidate for 3d printing, right? That'd be cheaper and more localizable than what looks like... machining? Stamping? Not all the parts, but most.

ddt

ARL (Moderator) – June 17, 2016 02:37PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Cripper is a great name. Designed and made by a quadriplegic - so usage of the word is totally ok. Just taking ownership of the word like urban rap groups own the "n word"...

(If it were me, I'd have gone for "gimp grip" but ymmv)

dharlow – June 21, 2016 06:33AM Reply Quote
Macnn which had a good run, but sadly is closing up shop at the end of the month.

John Willoughby – June 21, 2016 06:36AM Reply Quote
Save us, Lord, from the furries of the Norsemen!
Damn, they're one of the sites that I hit four or five times a week.

dharlow – June 21, 2016 07:45AM Reply Quote
Since the redesign I had hit it a lot less as the items in the top were just a bit too messy for my tastes.

johnny k – June 21, 2016 12:10PM Reply Quote
A long time ago I switched to Macrumors for all my Mac news needs. Though Twitter has taken much of that, even.

ddt – June 21, 2016 01:13PM Reply Quote
MacRumors before something happens

iMore and Daring Fireball while it happens

DF and Macalope after it happens

ddt

ARL (Moderator) – June 21, 2016 02:56PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
10-15 years ago MacSurfer was always my first stop. Nowadays nothing (unless Spork counts?)

ddt – June 21, 2016 03:51PM Reply Quote
SPORK ALWAYS COUNTS

ddt

dharlow – June 21, 2016 09:02PM Reply Quote
What twitter people do you follow for mac news?

I also have enjoyed SixColors.

johnny k – June 22, 2016 05:32AM Reply Quote
I follow a couple of the people who either report or do analysis pointing to others' articles — @gruber, @marcoarment, @asymco, @film_girl (Christina Warren @ Mashable), @JohnPaczkowski @ Buzzfeed). Thanks to retweeting, it really takes only a couple people in the same field, even if they're not primary sources.

John Willoughby – June 22, 2016 06:10AM Reply Quote
Save us, Lord, from the furries of the Norsemen!
I don't use Twitter for Mac news, just AppleInsider, MacRumors, and 9to5mac. Sometimes MacNN.

El Jeffe – July 09, 2016 12:05PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I seem to love IOtties. Now, yet ANOTHER revving/version of their car mount that I already have and love. At $18 a pop (Amazon) I likely would buy a new design every six months if they keep improving them.

http://www.iottie.com/Product/Detail/2118/iOttie-Easy-One-Touch-3-Car-_-Desk-Mount-Holder-for-iPhone-6s-Plus-6s-5s-5c_-Samsung-Galaxy-S6-Edge-Plus-S6-S5-S4_-Note-5-4-3_-Google-Nexus-5-4_-LG-G4

Their promo/PR video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWlFODsRsEo

You'll see some CAD and what I THINK are some 3D printed mock-ups, early bucks.

johnny k – August 04, 2016 05:27AM Reply Quote
Swiffie to Seymour Papert, creator of Logo and the theory of constructionist learning, by which you learn by making something, in a semi-structured way. As I'm sure it was for people, my first taste of programming was commanding the Logo turtle to draw on an Apple ][e at a summer computer camp. Making tools to make toolmakers, good work.

Cloudscout – August 19, 2016 09:27AM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
Today I learned that Griffin still makes the PowerMate.

porruka (Admin) – September 11, 2016 09:50AM Reply Quote
Failure is pre-greatness.
"Debug Memory Graph" in Xcode 8. It's an awesome adjunct to Instruments.

El Jeffe – November 17, 2016 02:09PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Here's to the crazy ones...

I mean, the freedom loving never say NO....

the opening to this is my current favorite promotional video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XIVz8YsQuI&t=699s

johnny k – February 10, 2017 06:50AM Reply Quote
Wouldn't it be nice if Disk Utility updated the progress bar? I stopped using it because I thought it was broken, but apparently it just takes forever. Still on 10.11. Is it fixed in 10.12?

El Jeffe – February 11, 2017 02:26AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
DU has taken steps backwards imo.

El Jeffe – February 14, 2017 12:56AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Good on her for freedom of expression
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjBOLKMeCHc

Strained to hear negative vocal protestations from crowd, heard none; just the opposite.
She literally wore it well. Looked great. Great composure.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login