Spork Boards

Swiffies for...

johnny k – December 27, 2007 09:31AM Reply Quote
Let's balance out every milkshake with a swiffie. Everyone else on the internet only complains.

-

So I bitched about AT&T DSL and it's only fair that I throw them a bone when deserved. In the process of transferring service to my roommate (fairly straightforward), I asked that a 411 charge be removed from my bill because we only have the landline to get DSL, and there's not even a phone hooked up. They credited my account without a question.

btw, why do all these phone trees ask for your account number before they direct you, and then when you're talking to a person, they just ask for it again? I was transferred twice, and I had to give the number 4 times.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2007 09:46AM by johnny k.

ddt – March 10, 2016 04:43PM Reply Quote
Oh, I thought "cross-shipping" meant they sent you a new one right away, before they received the old one you sent back. Still makes intuitive sense that that would be the term but I'm glad to be corrected.

ddt

dharlow – March 10, 2016 09:31PM Reply Quote
Avoid the Dyson, we have had several Dyson products all died 2-3mo out of their warranty and it would be cheaper to buy a new one then get it repaired.

Mokers (Moderator) – March 11, 2016 04:09AM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
Unfortunately not too many independent Dyson shops. I thought my Hoover was broken. Took it to Berkeley vacuum and $23 later it was good as new. I'm sure if I sent it to the factory it would have been much more.

johnny k – March 11, 2016 05:46AM Reply Quote
Have a floor and a handheld Dyson, both Animal models. No complaints.

El Jeffe – March 11, 2016 07:03AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
we've had dyson since they hit the market here. The extension tube cracked and the old duct tape was a poor solution. I think I got a third party part off of eBay for $15??? Seems to work.
I like most of what Dyson tried to engineer in. But some things not so much. But I nitpick any old appliance design.

ddt – March 11, 2016 07:22AM Reply Quote
This is a cool labeling move in the EU: http://www.dyson.co.uk/energy-ratings.aspx

I seem to remember reading somewhere that Dyson had developed really energy-efficient micromotors (for use in those hand dryers and stuff), but not finding it in 30 seconds. That'd be cool, if true.

ddt

ARL (Moderator) – March 11, 2016 03:46PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Have to admit, Dyson is the only bagless vacuum I've ever had that's worked satisfactorily. Accept no substitutes.

El Jeffe – March 11, 2016 11:25PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I think they SUCK! :)
ARL
Have to admit, Dyson is the only bagless vacuum I've ever had that's worked satisfactorily. Accept no substitutes.

John Willoughby – March 12, 2016 05:37AM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
El Jeffe, like Nature, abhors a vacuum.

El Jeffe – March 27, 2016 07:09AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
JBL/Harman
My year old Soundfly Air stopped maintaining wifi connection. JBL (Easter Sunday) offered to replace this which I paid $40 with ANY up to $220 dollar items that Harman/JBL sells.

NICE

johnny k – June 08, 2016 08:42PM Reply Quote
Monoprice. They forgot to include the speaker wire that was the reason I ordered 2-day. They didn't respond to my email right away, but once I got them on the phone, they sent it overnight (AM, even).

El Jeffe – June 08, 2016 11:50PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
are there any radio shacks left?

Cloudscout – June 09, 2016 06:33AM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
A few. They don't have a lot of product and everything they do carry is quite expensive in the store (much cheaper on their website).

ARL (Moderator) – June 15, 2016 05:03PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
The cripper. I got the medium length one and I can pick up things as thin as a credit card off the floor...

El Jeffe – June 16, 2016 12:23AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I look at that main body and think carbon fiber. Make it.

johnny k – June 16, 2016 07:58AM Reply Quote
That's way better than the ones I've seen. Hell, I could use help picking up credit cards. Did you get the knife attachment? Would be cool if it was retractable.

I made a carbon fiber spoon once. It was really thin and fast.

ddt – June 16, 2016 08:16AM Reply Quote
A straw for noodles. For those of us who need to eat faster.

ddt

ARL (Moderator) – June 16, 2016 03:43PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
ddt
A straw for noodles. For those of us who need to eat faster.

ddt

Use the big wide straws. I use 'em all the time to slorp up beef noodle soup...

ARL (Moderator) – June 16, 2016 03:45PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
johnny k
Did you get the knife attachment? Would be cool if it was retractable.

Nope, I'm not safe with knives...

johnny k – June 16, 2016 06:54PM Reply Quote
You can just wear the knives for formal occasions, like your board meetings. Then we won't be hearing of any issues with them.

ddt, you're onto something there. http://gizmodo.com/chopstick-straws-yep-will-change-how-you-eat-ramen-fo-1278468818

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2016 06:55PM by johnny k.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login