Spork Boards

Swiffies for...

johnny k – December 27, 2007 09:31AM Reply Quote
Let's balance out every milkshake with a swiffie. Everyone else on the internet only complains.

-

So I bitched about AT&T DSL and it's only fair that I throw them a bone when deserved. In the process of transferring service to my roommate (fairly straightforward), I asked that a 411 charge be removed from my bill because we only have the landline to get DSL, and there's not even a phone hooked up. They credited my account without a question.

btw, why do all these phone trees ask for your account number before they direct you, and then when you're talking to a person, they just ask for it again? I was transferred twice, and I had to give the number 4 times.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2007 09:46AM by johnny k.

tomierna (Admin) – November 03, 2012 05:39PM Reply Quote
Hideously Unnatural
Have you looked at Acorn? (not to denigrate your swiffie!)

ARL (Moderator) – November 03, 2012 08:10PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Promising, but doesn't allow much control over generating/manipulating shapes. A dealbreaker sadly...

ARL (Moderator) – November 11, 2012 11:42PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
https://duckduckgo.com/

I did a website for a friend of the family and with all of google's "paid sponsorship" shenanigans it took forever for the website to appear on the front page (even when typing in simple logical search terms that could only identify that very business).

Top of ducduckgo's list first time, no jumping through hoops.

This is how the web should be - not google's bastardised "superpac sponsor" system twisting all the results.

And no data-mining...

El Jeffe – November 12, 2012 12:36AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I sense a theme, Tony. (dont bubble, duck duck....)

El Jeffe – December 11, 2012 01:29PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
We bought this $20 LED desk table lamp from Lowes, to replace another one. Didn't think much of it. But darn I really, really like the light it puts out. Hopefully ours will last - I see some reviews with negative comments. But $20. Have you priced just LED bulb replacements? Just thought I'd share. Might make a cheap/USEFUL gift.
http://tinyurl.com/aqjguea

El Jeffe – December 23, 2012 04:13PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
YTpodcaster - allows you to get youtube channels/subscriptions placed into iTunes "Podcast" things. Works.

http://www.ytpodcaster.com

El Jeffe – April 08, 2013 11:02AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
ytpodcaster is effectively DEAD... referencing my most recent (but not recent) post above...

TODAY....

I like Grappler. It has some warts, but it does what I want. Point it at a YouTube "Playlist" / Play All and it will suck them all down.
Well, unless there is some hiccup - but mostly it will.

http://thelittleappfactory.com/grappler/

This was part of the recent free Mac Update bundle. They just need a bit of tweaking, perhaps UI changes, and it will be nice. I use it daily, at least for now.

ARL (Moderator) – April 08, 2013 05:18PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Tony Leggett
Hmmm...

There were a lot of comments about delays between the GOT episode airing in the US and when it becomes available on iTunes Australia. I'd signed up for the season pass when the first episode was already available. The 2nd episode wasn't available last night when the torrents started to go up - however for the first 6-12 hours after the latest GOT torrent goes up there's absolute gridlock because the ratio of seeders/leachers is way out of whack - the download was going to take half the night...

Wake up the following morning and iTunes pops up with a little "you have a new GOT episode, would you like to download?"

"You bet your happy arse I do" -- click -- and ten minutes later I'm watching Theon finally getting his just desserts...

So, all in all, almost as quick as torrenting and better quality. I think that's worthy of a swiffie.

porruka (Admin) – April 15, 2013 12:50PM Reply Quote
Failure is pre-greatness.
... Bloomberg TV app and content in the "Breaking News" coverage of the Boston bombs.

The guests and the anchors (despite being repetitive, something they can't help at this point in the process) are neutral and probing without jumping to conclusions AND making specific comments about the difference between rumor and credible sources.

[EDIT] And of course after I posted, they switched to a shrill harpy of a west coast anchor who's clearly trying to amp up the coverage. At least the analysts/guests are staying level.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2013 01:10PM by porruka.

El Jeffe – April 17, 2013 01:04PM Reply Quote
What a journey.

ddt – April 17, 2013 03:36PM Reply Quote
Supercoolmechanical!

ddt

porruka (Admin) – April 17, 2013 04:21PM Reply Quote
Failure is pre-greatness.
ddt
Supercoolmechanical!

ddt

Supermechanicool

ddt – April 17, 2013 04:28PM Reply Quote
I stand corrected and happily bettered!

ddt

El Jeffe – April 22, 2013 12:25PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Can't remember if I already swiffed Visa's v.me or not.
Love it.

El Jeffe – December 02, 2013 05:21AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I retrieve my hotmail via Apple Mail.
I needed to login to the actual website this weekend.
Wow, SWEEP feature is what I have dreamt of. I realize I am behind the times on this circa 2011 feature.
But, spam/offers emails that are automatically cleaned up (deleted) after 10 days makes sense.
Plus, other spins on same topic .... I have not tried them all yet.

Mokers (Moderator) – February 20, 2014 10:19AM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
Swiffy for John W. Got my blue apron this week. Very slick and made my first dinner last night. Definitely going to keep it going at least every other week. Thanks again!

John Willoughby – February 20, 2014 04:55PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
Hey, it was free for me to offer it and the more successful it is, the more likely it is to last. So I was just helping myself. I have one invite left, if anybody else wants a free set of meals.

Mokers (Moderator) – June 03, 2014 10:18AM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
iogear. Lost the rack ears for a couple of KVMs I will now need to rack mount. Iogear is sending them to me for free. It may have only saved me $5 or so, but it was appreciated.

johnny k – June 28, 2014 05:34PM Reply Quote
Apple. Apparently Audible audiobooks are not like the rest of the iTunes media, and are bought per device. Didn't realize this when trying to manually download something on a different iPad, and it ended up charging me again. Clicked on "report a problem" in the receipt, and when I typed in the issue, I was immediately automatically refunded the second purchase.

El Jeffe – June 29, 2014 02:34AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
WTF?
WTF?
Makes NO SENSE.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login