Spork Boards

Swiffies for...

johnny k – December 27, 2007 09:31AM Reply Quote
Let's balance out every milkshake with a swiffie. Everyone else on the internet only complains.

-

So I bitched about AT&T DSL and it's only fair that I throw them a bone when deserved. In the process of transferring service to my roommate (fairly straightforward), I asked that a 411 charge be removed from my bill because we only have the landline to get DSL, and there's not even a phone hooked up. They credited my account without a question.

btw, why do all these phone trees ask for your account number before they direct you, and then when you're talking to a person, they just ask for it again? I was transferred twice, and I had to give the number 4 times.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2007 09:46AM by johnny k.

johnny k – April 01, 2017 02:08PM Reply Quote
Say what you will about planned obsolescence, but you're wrong. Apple doesn't plan it, they just do what's easy. Latest version of iTunes still supports my iPod nano 4th generation, which was released in 2008.

El Jeffe – April 02, 2017 03:48PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I use Nano 3G... just sync'd it this minute.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2017 03:52PM by El Jeffe.

ARL (Moderator) – September 22, 2017 06:20PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Magnet.

It's $1.50 at the app store (probably $1 for state-siders) and it's simple yet so useful.

I especially like splitting windows into vertical thirds. I wonder how it goes on dual screens?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2017 06:20PM by ARL.

El Jeffe – November 23, 2017 02:11AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Years of perfect service. HOORAY for Apple wireless/bluetooth keyboards!!!
(why did Apple never subrogate "Bluetooth" industry standard name like they do all others, with something like AirKey?)

googling...
I did NOT know this..
In Japan, the line of products is marketed under the brand AirMac

Roger – November 23, 2017 04:11PM Reply Quote
El Jeffe
(why did Apple never subrogate "Bluetooth" industry standard name like they do all others, with something like AirKey?)

Good branding move! I wouldn't want to associate my company too closely with a technology that flaky and unreliable (yeah, for everything besides keyboards and mice).

ARL (Moderator) – January 26, 2018 03:22PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
SuperDuper, and running my Mac off an external bootable SSD.

far less beachballs and "general HD spinups of 'you must wait'..."

James DeBenedetti – January 28, 2018 11:41AM Reply Quote
I've grown tired of the regular glitches and annoyances that come from using a 4K TV as the monitor for my laptop, so took advantage of our recent house re-org to move my desk into the common/family room. This lets me use a desktop system as my main computer, so I bought a 27" iMac - my first desktop Mac since the Radius 81/110. It's really nice! Enough so that it has completely killed my interest in laptops.

El Jeffe – January 28, 2018 03:27PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
woah! Radius. I am sooooo tempted with the iMac Pros.

ARL (Moderator) – January 28, 2018 03:36PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
I *hate* it when I can't use my desktop. I'd upgrade but I'm not wild about High Sierra...

James DeBenedetti – January 28, 2018 06:29PM Reply Quote
I was tempted by the iMac Pro, but the graphics drivers seem like they're still in beta (alpha?) and there should be a significant increase in GPU speed (100%+) when new process tech arrives sometime in 2018/19 (AMD is skipping 10nm and going directly to 7nm for its upcoming scalable / distributed GPU design). The new upgradable Mac Pro and Apple monitor should arrive in that timeframe as well, so I didn't want to sink too much money in a system that should be significantly outclassed in roughly a year's time.

El Jeffe – February 15, 2018 01:02PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I love ApplePay, and now have been testing out ApplePay Cash. Seriously don't know WHY I would WILLINGLY/CHOOSE (redundant, I know) anything BUT those two mechanisms for my payments.
If anyone wants to test APC out, I'll let you shoot me some money. (and, ok, I'll shoot it back to you)

So, APC basically gets realz money into your wallet. Like a debit card. And some of the docs I read mention Discover (card/services). But to get money OUTZ .>>> https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207882

I was Unable to add a debit/gift Visa into my APC / wallet balance, though. But Amazon lets me/us do it.

John Willoughby – February 16, 2018 06:23AM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
My oldest, at college, is zapping money back and forth amongst her friends/lab groups/dorm mats with Venmo all the time. I guess it's a growth field; I hope that Apple's early enough to get a decent piece of it. Tim Cooks said something on the investors' call to the effect that he thought Apple Pay would have gone farther by now.

I agree with Jeffe, btw, I wish I could pay for everything with Apple Pay.

Mokers (Moderator) – February 23, 2018 08:34AM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
Giving apple swiffies for airpods. At least for my commute, they work really well. I was worried that they would fall out like ever other earbud, but they do a good job of staying in the ear. Having the case charge means I never run out of battery.

I don't think the sound is good enough to use them the entire day when I am at my desk and still prefer over the ear for fidelity, isolation and comfort, but the airpods were are a perfect solution for the train.

bahamut – March 20, 2018 05:57PM Reply Quote
Airpods are awesome. Mine are really good. You can swap one with the other to keep them going nearly forever, certainly all day. And that case charges fast.

It's the only thing I can say Tim Cook did as well as Steve would've.

I can't believe I haven't lost one (for more than a few days).

El Jeffe – May 31, 2018 12:38PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Plex adds podcasts! I paid for the lifetime Plex account subscription thingy because I feel like it has very good development and support. This is almost a cherry on top.

Roger – June 15, 2018 11:53AM Reply Quote
Pi-Hole. If you have an old Raspberry Pi lying around, you can add DNS ad-blocking to your whole home network.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login