Spork Boards

That Darn Microsoft!

tomierna's Avatar Picture tomierna (Admin) – December 07, 2007 09:34PM Reply Quote
FUD, fear and loathing, cross-platform livin', sickness unto death, enterprise strategies and tactics.

Mokers (Moderator) – September 03, 2013 11:39AM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
I don't think it's that terrible. It's not like they bought RIM.

Mokers (Moderator) – September 04, 2013 09:53AM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
Ha! I spoke too soon!

John Willoughby – November 05, 2013 07:21AM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
Actual Microsoft social media marketing. Judging by the responses, it's not going over.

Windows.jpg

John Willoughby – November 26, 2013 11:44AM Reply Quote
I can't believed I missed this: Microsoft billboard shows Excel adding incorrectly.

El Jeffe – November 26, 2013 03:11PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Can one enter, say $500, but not hit ENTER (or arrow) yet and explain that?

johnny k – November 26, 2013 03:28PM Reply Quote
That's what I was thinking.

John Willoughby – November 27, 2013 07:19AM Reply Quote
That's what Microsoft is claiming, but a billboard that one has to rationalize is not a good billboard.

El Jeffe – November 27, 2013 11:35AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
It got US talking about it...
Pentium Bug/Fuzzy Math/Excel Billboard.... next?

El Jeffe – December 05, 2013 12:31AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Ok, to modernize my skills and resume I am going to commit to more MS training/certifications...

Here is what I am starting with: Hyper-V.

Microsoft Hyper-V training and free certification (voucher).
VMware competitor.

Certification is usually at least $150.

http://www.virtualizationsquared.com

http://www.microsoftvirtualacademy.com/training-courses/server-virtualization-with-windows-server-hyper-v-and-system-center

http://windowsitpro.com/hyper-v/microsoft-virtualization-certification-course-and-exam-free-voucher
Microsoft has unveiled a new web site called VirtualizationSquared.com as a placeholder where you can find out more about a Virtualization certification program that is being offered for free. Utilizing the resources on the new site, you can sign up for free, online training, which results in being given a $150 voucher that can be used to take Microsoft Virtualization certification exam 74-409.

The number of vouchers is limited and the exam must be taken by June 30, 2014, so if interested, you'll want to jump out to the new site, hit the resource links, and get started right away.

One of the big pushes for this limited program is to educate VMware experts on Microsoft solutions. The effort is intended so that, by learning Microsoft's ways to virtualization, VMware folks will want to migrate away and onto the Microsoft platform.

Again, the web site link is: VirtualizationSquared.com

El Jeffe – March 17, 2014 03:33PM Reply Quote
What a journey.

ddt – March 17, 2014 03:44PM Reply Quote
Yeah, but requires a Microsoft login. And has limited features (I am particularly baffled at the exclusion of photo and audio annotations, given that it's for a device with a mic and camera), etc.

ddt

Cloudscout – May 28, 2014 10:26AM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!

bahamut – May 28, 2014 01:03PM Reply Quote
wow.

johnny k – June 24, 2014 06:27PM Reply Quote
Got a Nokia Lumia 925 with Windows Phone 8.1 (on Swappa, which is what you wanted buying phones on eBay to be like). Love it. Killer screen and lots of great little touches in the OS. Most impressed by Cortana. Haven't used Siri much, but it's only done a good, not great, job at understanding me. Cortana ALWAYS nails speech to text, and it's super fast to hold down the search button and speak a search term. Quickest way to get my fix of the Peter Dinklage theme song.

ddt – July 19, 2014 05:48AM Reply Quote

Mokers (Moderator) – November 04, 2014 12:50PM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
Have to give Microsoft props to the new Mac version of Outlook. Much better than the 2011 version. Looks good in Yosemite and so far performs well enough that I no longer have to keep a Windows VM open to run outlook.

I always have to say I like their Office 365 subscription model. $99 a year allows licenses for 5 people. I needed office for my laptop, my vm on the laptop, my wife's laptop and our desktop. And that now includes unlimited onedrive storage. It would be nice if you could use onedrive as a backup destination, but it is just as easy to share files as with dropbox.

Cloudscout – November 04, 2014 01:48PM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
If that $99/year covered personal domain email hosting as well, I'd be loving it.

John Willoughby – November 05, 2014 07:54PM Reply Quote

ARL (Moderator) – November 05, 2014 09:59PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Have you seen the surface ad where rather than comparing it with an iPad, it's claiming to be way better than an MBA?

I watched all through going "yeah, but it's windows 8!"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login